Proposal Training ClassImprove Your Win Rate When Writing Proposals in Response to RFPs
Proposal Training Class
This class is designed for sellers who write proposals in response to RFPs issued by other businesses or by state and local government organizations. It teaches students how to improve their proposal win rate by writing proposals that are persuasive, compelling, and that differentiate their solution from competing alternatives.
What topics are covered?
Students learn how to apply proposal writing best practices, including…
- How to write persuasively
- How to differentiate your solution from competing solutions
- How to make your proposals easy for reviewers to skim
- How to structure various sections of your proposal–the executive introduction, answers to questions, customer references, etc.–to make them compelling
- How to prepare your sales message before you begin writing
By the end of the class, students will know how to make their proposal content customer-focused, persuasive, and compelling. They will also know how to differentiate their solution from competing solutions.
Who should attend this proposal training?
This class is designed for people who are involved in the business development effort, including…
- Proposal writing staff
- Subject matter experts
- Salespeople and business development professionals
- Marketing staff
- Managers and decision makers, etc.
How long is the class?
The class is offered in a one or two day format.
One day proposal training class
The first day is primarily interactive lecture and discussion. We discuss proposal best practices, how to apply them, how to structure the various sections of your proposal, and much more.
Second day proposal training workshop (optional)
The optional second day includes a proposal writing workshop. The workshop gives students the opportunity to apply what they’ve learned while the instructor is still in the room to provide guidance and coaching. Though optional, this extra step dramatically improves adoption of the lessons learned the previous day.
Is the proposal training customized for us? Or one-size-fits-all?
Every proposal training class we teach is customized for each client. Customization takes three forms.
1. We customize the training to address your objectives. Prior to each training engagement, we work to understand your unique issues, challenges, and objectives. We then configure the class accordingly.
2. Customizing the training for the audience. While the underlying themes and messages never change, our delivery changes based on the makeup of the audience. If we’re teaching to subject matter experts, for example, we might spend more time talking about how to “translate” technical information into proposal content your buyers can understand.
3. Using your own proposal verbiage for examples. The third way we customize the class is by incorporating your own content into lessons. This approach is highly effective because it puts the lesson into a context students can relate to.
About the instructor
Dave Seibert is a proposal veteran with over 18 years in the proposal field, and over 30 years in business development. Unlike some proposal trainers who lack deep practical experience, Dave has lived and worked in the proposal writing trenches. He’s also worked with some of the leading experts in the proposal and business development field. With this depth of experience, you can be confident that Dave will make your program targeted to the issues that are most important to you.
To learn more about our proposal training class, please use one of the options listed here to contact the instructor, Dave Seibert. Dave will speak with you about your program, what you’d like to accomplish, and what training options are available.
“The examples [in the workbook] were excellent.”
“The speaker’s easy going style and his breadth of knowledge about sales and RFPs made this one of the single most effective training I’ve received in this area…”
“The workbook was a great tool…”
“I highly recommend Dave Seibert’s work and the Proposal Training Course he teaches. I found the proposal class SO informative and the information presented doesn’t just apply to proposal preparation. After completing the proposal course and meeting Dave, you will find you actually re-think everything you write or prepare from proposals to presentations, letters, and even daily emails.”
“The proposal training workbook was fantastic.”
“The entire proposal training class provided a wealth of knowledge…it gave me an excellent understanding of the purpose, process, and key ‘tips’ for producing a winning product.”
“The workshop session was extremely helpful and enjoyable. I really like that it was organized the way it was. One of the better presentations I’ve been too-good job!”
“I found the class to be extremely helpful and I will be using many of the tips for our next RFP.”
“I attended your class at my last company. It was so good I wanted my new company to benefit also.”
Please use the contact form or one of the other options here to inquire about our proposal training program. Someone will respond as quickly as possible.
The Seibert Group
P.O. Box 11053
Cincinnati, OH 45211