Proposal Assessment Service™A proposal review and assessment by a professional proposal consultant
What if you could have a professional proposal writer look at one of your proposals and provide you feedback? What if this proposal veteran highlighted the parts of your proposal that are good, the parts that aren’t so good, and gave you some recommendations to make it better?
We created the Proposal Assessment Service™ to do exactly this, to give managers more insight into the effectiveness of their proposals.
How does the service work?
First, you send us one of your proposals to evaluate. If possible, you also send us the RFP that prompted your response.
Second, one of our veteran proposal consultants will schedule a short phone call to ask a few questions about the opportunity, the important aspects of the solution you are proposing, etc.
Third, the consultant will spend up to two hours reviewing and critiquing the proposal against seven best practices:
- Focus. Is your proposal more about you or the buyer?
- Persuasiveness. Is your proposal persuasively structured?
- Wordiness. Is your proposal concise or excessively wordy?
- Understandability. Is your proposal sufficienty explanatory?
- Readability. Is your proposal easy-to-read for the typical reviewer or skimmer?
- Quality. Is your proposal well written or filled with errors?
- Differentiation. Does your proposal clarify your competitive advantage?
The consultant will document his or her findings into a concise report organized around the best practices listed above.
Deliverables–what do you get back?
The report we prepare has three primary parts:
- General observations
- Specific findings related to the best practices listed above
- Recommendations for improvement
Once the report is completed, our consultant will contact you to schedule a phone meeting. The purpose of the meeting is to explain our findings at a general level, discuss how well your proposals perform against best practices, and to discuss our recommendations for improving your proposal effectiveness.
The proposal assessment includes up to two hours of a consultants time and costs $199. This price includes the intial consultantion call, the actual proposal assessment, plus an additional 30 minute post-assessment phone call where we discuss what we found.
Want to learn more?
Please use the contact form or one of the other options here to inquire about our Proposal Assessment Service.
Someone will respond as quickly as possible.
The Seibert Group
P.O. Box 11053
Cincinnati, OH 45211